Christian Senior Care Services (CSCS) provides personal, non-medical services for patients in their place of residence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions needed for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• CSCS plan of care focuses to patient's ADLs including but not limited to bathing, assisting with oral hygiene and skin care; shampooing; changing bed linens; assisting with ambulation, prescribed exercises, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and laundry.
• Assists with turning and positioning bed patients.
• Observes patient's physical and emotional status acting in emergency situations.
• Reports all observed or stated patient changes to CSCS, and in emergencies makes contact to the appropriate authorities.
• Recognizes limitations in providing care, and only performs prescribed duties as allowed by law.
• Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities, staying abreast of current technologies and practices.
• Participates in quality assurance and utilization review activities as requested.
• Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Administrator & Alternate Administrator
• Understands Patient Rights
• Understands Emergency Plans as it applies to individual clients
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Six months to two years related experience or equivalent.
• Able to work collaboratively with different typed diagnosed clients in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
• Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Good oral communication skills.
• Good organizational problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities, with enthusiasm.
• Good judgment,
and the ability to make timely sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively communicate, with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to do the following:
• Move and position bed-bound patients. There is no lifting of patients.
• Climb stairs, walk, knell, stoop, and bend.
• Utilize visual, auditory, verbal,and olfactory (sense of smell) processes required to assess, monitor, and care for patients.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Travel by car.
• Work is mainly performed in patient's homes, running errands not having the client present, and escorting the client as needed (not driving the client).