Relay For Life of Northwest Harris County
Name: Relay For Life of Northwest Harris County
Date: April 4, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT
Have fun. Raise funds. Fight cancer.
The Relay For Life movement is American Cancer Society’s signature fundraiser dedicated to helping communities attack cancer. From team members to volunteers, we all want to remember those we’ve lost, help those affected today, and give us a home team advantage against cancer.
1. Pre-event Fundraising From bake sales to car washes and lots of social media posts, you’ll have plenty of fun raising funds and awareness well before your Relay For Life event.
2. Meet with Your Team Find your team and let the event begin! Most teams set up a tent for their home base, so you’ll always have a place to recharge, paint faces, or just grab some shade.
3. Opening Ceremony Kick things off right with an opening ceremony welcoming all the Relay participants. There may even be live music and special guests to help get you pumped for a day of remembrance and celebration.
4. Survivor and Caregiver Laps First the survivors take a celebratory lap, with the crowd cheering them on. Then caregivers take their turn to get recognized for all they do to support their loved ones.
5. Time to Celebrate! Once the event is in full swing, teammates take turns walking the track or path to symbolize the ongoing fight against cancer. Between laps, you can check out other teams’ tents for games and activities, and help support the cause by purchasing raffle tickets or food.
6. Lighting the Luminaria We light Luminaria to remember those we’ve lost, celebrate cancer survivors, and show everyone affected by cancer that we are the light in the darkness.
7. Closing Ceremony Last, but certainly not least, you’ll participate in a closing ceremony to recognize all our event volunteers, the community’s hard work, and the fact that our fight will keep going until the world is free from cancer!